Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2013

I spent entirely TOO much money... MAKEUP HAUL!!!

I have been buying way TOO many makeup products this past month... I am always looking for my holy grail of products and still have yet to find my favorites. I'm going to share some of the things i've bought this month and my reviews (if I have tried it. If I haven't, then i'll post again after I have.) Let me know if you've tried any of the products and if you love/like/hate them. I am also going to attach a description of all the products (most come from Ulta's website)



HIGHLIGHTERS

Benefit High Beam $26
The celebrity makeup artists secret... this satiny pink highlighter creates a young, radiant, fresh complexion on all skin tones. Use it as a spot highlighter or blend all over your complexion...the soft-focus sheen is enticing and sexy. Great soft blush and moisterizing lotion cream.
REVIEW:
I had read numerous reviews online about this highlighter and I have to agree with the majority of people who gave this high marks. Because I personally love this highlighter! I have used it every day for about two weeks and love the soft, pink glow it gives my face! I have yet to see how well it photographs, but thus far it's my go-to product to highlight my cheekbones! 

Too Faced Candlelight Glow Duo $30
Professionally Lit: PHOTOLITE technology filters and fractures harsh light to fight the effect of cold lighting which gives skins a washed out or chalky tone. Duo Highlighting Shades: The sheer golden powder warms skin tone, while the gilded-rose formula brightens and illuminates. Multi-use: Can be used separately for either brightening or warming, or swirled together to warm AND brighten for instant radiance!
REVIEW:
I baught this after I had purchased Benefit High Beam and I have to say that this is not one of my favorite's. I actually am not a big fan of this at all. I am keeping it and hoping that I will somehow fall in love with it, but so far I haven't. Even though it's a duo glow, I don't feel like either color shows up very well. I tried to "build the color" but it still didn't show up. 

Smashbox Softlights Shimmer $29
These jumbo pots of silk-like powder work beautifully to help you maintain a sun-kissed look or bronzed glow all year long. Sweep over skin tint or blush for a soft glow to the skin, or use on eyes for a wash of color. 
REVIEW:
I have yet to use this, but I loved the shimmer and color when I used the tester at Ulta. Will give a review once I use it! 



BLUSH/BRONZER

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush in Natural Beauty $26
These 12-hour long-wear, solar-baked and supremely soft blushes are infused with Amazonian clay, nature's most perfect ingredient, for better, longer and truer wear! Infused with natural clay harvested from the banks of the Amazon River and naturally baked by the sun, these nutrient rich and intuitive Amazonian clay blushes universally benefit all skin types for a fade-free flawless finish that lasts up to 12 hours. Oily skin? Amazonian clay minimizes oil in and around pores to balance skin and keep product in place. Dry skin? This nourishing clay hydrates skin naturally to restore moisture. Combination skin? Amazonian clay will intuitively identify your skin concerns and deliver benefits to restore harmony.
REVIEW:
This color is a tad too dark for me, but is very buildable. One sweep will give you a great color (one sweep is enough for us fair skinned girls) and a couple sweeps will be great for tanned skin. I have to say that this is, hands down, my FAVORITE blush line! Although it doesn't quite last 12 hours for me, it does last a LONG time. Tarte has about 12 different colors in their Amazonian Clay line and each one is fabulous! I also have this blush in Charisma (which I think is discontinued.) I highly suggest this blush!


Laura Geller Bronze & Brighten in Fair $33
A revolutionary baked bronzer with multiple color infusions to color-correct your skin and give you a radiant, bronze glow. Mineral oil and paraben-free formulation also contains powerful anti-aging and anti-oxidant protection of Centella Asiatica and White Tea Extracts.
REVIEW:
I have yet to use this, but I loved the color when I tried the tester at Ulta. I'm excited to use this to contour my cheekbones and apply highlighter above!



CONCEALER

Bobbi Brown Concealer Kit in Sand with sheer pressed powder in Pale Yellow $33
Conceal and set in one portable kit. Bobbi's Creamy Concealer blends easily to instantly cover and brighten dark circles. It also helps maintain skin's moisture levels for a smooth, virtually line-less look. Fuss-free pressed powder sets concealer for long-lasting wear.
REVIEW:
The only time I have used this is when the lady at the Bobbi Brown makeup counter applied it on me. I have heard rave reviews about it though and i'm excited to use it daily to cover my undereye darkness.

Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Bisque $23
A wakeup call for tired eyes. Corrector is pink- or peach-based to neutralize under-eye darkness and is designed to be used before Creamy Concealer. New and improved formula is long-wearing and brightens dark circles with quick, just-right coverage that's easy to blend and won't crease. And since great makeup starts with healthy skin, Corrector is infused with skin conditioners to protect the delicate under-eye area. 
REVIEW:
See above review about the concealer.


EYELINER

Tarte EmphasEYES Waterproof Clay Eyeliner in Brown $24
The fusion of technologies results in an intense yet smooth cream that creates a high definition line using the free full-sized double-ended brush included with each shade. EmphasEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liners are housed in an airtight, recycled glass jar topped with a repurposed aluminum lid to keep product cushion intact from start to finish, so no matter the look the result is a precise and waterproof finish.
REVIEW:
I have heard mixed results about this liner. I read reviews saying that this dried out quickly. But, I have not had that problem. I have used this every day for about 2 weeks and have loved it! You don't need much to get a great line. This lasts through the whole work day (all 12-14 hours of it!) and it doesn't crease (which I am SO thankful for!) I can't wait to purchase more colors! 


MAKEUP BRUSHES

Urban Decay Good Karma Blush Brush $32
The unique shape is just right for contouring below your cheekbones, adding highlighter above your cheekbones, or dotting the apples of your cheeks with a little rosy color. The brush does the work for you! 
REVIEW:
Have yet to use this, but I do use the eyeshadow brush that came with my NAKED palette and I love how soft the bristles are. Have heard only great things about UD brushes, so I am excited to try this!

Tarte Eyeliner Brush - Free with eyeliner
(No description available)
REVIEW:
I think this brush only comes with the Amazonian Clay liner, but it's two-sided depending on how thick you want your liner. I love this brush and it works perfectly with the eyeliner!

Boobi Brown Concealer Blending brush $29
Designed to be used with our Creamy Concealer and Corrector, the Concealer Blending Brush lets you apply product and blend it at the same time. Ideal for covering areas like under-eye circles.
REVIEW:
Have yet to use this brush. Although, the lady at the Bobbi Brown counter in Macy's used this when she put on the concealer and I love the softness of the bristles.

Bobbi Brown Eye Blender brush $32
Expertly blends all Eye Shadow shades together, softening any harsh lines or edges. The Eye Blender Brush can also be used to set concealer using powder from the Creamy Concealer Kit.
REVIEW:
See the above review about the concealer brush.





Have you tried any of these products before? What are your "go to" or "holy grail" makeup products (I especially want to hear about your favorite bronzers and highlighters!)  

8 comments:

  1. I keep hearing about the Benefit High Beam highlighter...I guess i'm gonna have to try it now :) I bought a different highlighter a few weeks ago and don't like it at all! But my all time favorite bronzer is the Mac bronzer :)

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't ever purchased any makeup that's so expensive! haha. I'm such a cheapy. I absolutely love my foundation though. It's Revlon 24 hour colorstay. It works great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the matte bronzer by cargo. Ulta carries it. It is a necessity for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am too cheap on makeup to buy stuff that expensive! Maybe one day lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a big fan of the bronzer from Bare Escentuals. I need to buy the right brush for it though!

    I keep hearing such awesome things about Benefit. I may need to jump on that bandwagon soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never tried any of these either (maybe I should lol)
    Thanks for these reviews!!!!
    Hope you're having a great weekend sweet friend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your fun make-up buys! Bobbi Brown brushes are my favorite!! I use the crease and blending brushes daily, and my eyeliner brush almost as often. I also use the Benefit High Beam and have always loved how it looks on my fair skin. It's great that it works for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. anything and everything from Benefit!! hahahaI also like Nars and Stila...and you can never spend too much on make up ;)

    ReplyDelete

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS