[Let me preface this by saying that I feel incredibly lucky to be pregnant with Colton and I would not change this experience for anything. I waited 4 years for this baby and I feel blessed every day to be his mommy. BUUUT, that doesn't mean that every day is a walk in the park...]
Let me just say... Being pregnant officially sucks. There. I said it. At 33 weeks pregnant I have officially gotten sick and tired of being pregnant. I just want my baby out and in my arms. Here is my reasoning as to why being pregnant sucks.
1. Body Image Issues. I would probably be completely content with pregnancy if this horrible "reason" wasn't a constant in my life. For those of you that don't know, about 3 years ago I joined Weight Watchers and lost about 40 pounds in 7-8 months. I was pretty happy in my size small shirts and size 6 (sometimes size 4!!!!) skirts from Loft. Then I became pregnant. And even though my hubby is wonderful and tells me that the weight I'm gaining isn't "fat" it's "baby," it still doesn't make me feel any better about myself. I've gained over 40, yes, OVER 40 pounds throughout this pregnancy. My cute clothes laugh at me every time I open the closet door and have to stuff my big ole' belly into my frumpy maternity clothes. :(
2. Being Uncomfortable. Everything is uncomfortable now. And I do mean everything... walking, sleeping, sitting... You name it, it's uncomfortable!
3. Getting Winded Walking Up The Stairs [or anywhere really]. I literally feel as though i've ran a marathon every time I walk up or down the stairs. It's pretty sad and pretty pathetic.
4. This Big Ole' Belly Getting In The Way of EVERYTHING. It's huge. It's in the way. I can't remember the last time I was able to lean over and see my elephant feet. Everything is tough with this big ole' belly getting in the way!
5. Not Being Able to Sleep. This goes with point #2. Before I became pregnant I already suffered from horrible insomnia. Nyquil every night? CHECK! Now I can't take anything but an occasional Tylenol PM, which does notttthinngggg for me.
6. Being Tired. Every. Single. Moment. Of. Every. Single. Day. This point speaks for itself. It doesn't matter how much caffeine or coffee I drink, I still feel like death. (And yes, I do drink caffeine and coffee. Don't judge me!)
7. Swelling. Every day I wake up and go to sleep looking and feeling like an elephant. My feet are sooo swollen that I for real look like an elephant. That's not embarrassing at all.
8. Emotional Outbursts. On Thursday as I was walking my stubborn pooch of a dog, she decided to be stubborn and not go potty. I got soo frustrated, I ran upstairs to my room and instantly burst into tears. Yes, all because my dog wouldn't pee in the freaking yard. Pathetic? I think so!
9. Stretch Marks. Do I need to elaborate any more than that? I am officially marked. I just pray no more of these dreaded marks show up. HA, I'm sure that's wishful thinking... Gross.
10. Hot flashes. I'm constantly hot. It doesn't help that I work at an outdoor school and it's literally 10000000000 degrees out still. I constantly break out in hot flashes. This also goes with #2, because being hot 99.999999% of the day is pretty uncomfortable.
11. Allergies. For the first few months of being pregnant, I was constantly sick. It's like I instantaneously had allergies [that I never had before.] And even though they have tapered off once I hit month 5, they still sometimes rear they're ugly head and make me feel like poop.
12. Not Feeling Pretty. Okay, where is the pregnancy glow everyone talks about? I sure don't feel it. I know, I know, being pregnant is such a beautiful thing. Bullshit. Everything grows and expands when you become pregnant. Your thighs, your belly, your butt. The only good thing that grows when you become pregnant is your boobs [although, it's not like I needed any help in that department...] This point brings me back to point #1.
13. Not Being Able to do Things for Yourself. I can't paint my toe nails myself. I can barely put my shoes on myself. Shaving my legs is a total joke. I feel pretty incompetent when I have to ask my husband to paint my toe nails, ha!
14. No Wine. Yes, I will add this to my list. Because whether you like it or not, I miss my wine. I miss happy hour with my Marcella crew. I miss drinking at home with my hubs while watching movies. I miss wine nights with my BFF while watching Secret Life of the American Teenager. I miss visiting my brother in Austin and enjoying a cold beverage on his back deck. You best believe that I am counting down the days until I am able to enjoy a glass of Chardonnay. [don't judge me.]
There are many, many other things I could add to this list. But, I will stop here because I already sound like a complaining ungrateful mother.
Now, don't get me wrong, I love Colton and would go through pregnancy 100 times over if it means I get a beautiful, healthy baby at the end of it. But, it doesn't mean I have to like every moment of it. But, I will say, it's more than worth it!
[[Keep in mind that this post is written by an extremely emotional, sleep deprived, over worked, cranky 33 weeks pregnant woman. HA!]]
Saturday, September 21, 2013
Sunday, September 8, 2013
How far along? 31 weeks! 9 weeks until babes arrival!
Baby Size: Baby is the size of a head of lettuce... 19 in & 3.5 pounds!
Total weight gain: HAHA I am not even going to disclose...
Maternity clothes? Yup... Not like I can fit into anything else...
Stretch marks? They've finally arrived. UGH!
Sleep: Not good. Can't get comfortable. Constantly tossing and turning. Sad to say that my $50 maternity pillow doesn't help much :(
Best moment this week: Realizing that I get another ultrasound in a few weeks! YAY! I thought I didn't get a third one, so I was excited to hear that I do!
Miss Anything? Working at an indoor school. Being outside on feet in 100 degree heat SUCKS. UGH! I'm a hot swollen mess by the end of the day!
Movement: He's a moving and a grooving all the time now. I love it!!
Food cravings: Grilled cheese and tomato soup! YUMMY!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing really!
Gender: A BOY!!!!!!!!!! Colton John :)
Symptoms: Sciatic pain is never ending! It's getting harder to sit on the floor and get back up easily, haha! I have severe swelling in my hands, so off went my wedding ring. :( I feel so naked without it! AWFUL swelling in my feet... Way worse than the picture above if you can even believe it...
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? Off :( I have been sporting a fake one to take it's place! Miss my ring!
Mood: Incredibly stressed with work. Overloaded and constantly on my feet and working like a mad woman.
Looking forward to: MATERNITY LEAVE... Even though it's ohhh sooo far away! I have a mini break down nearly daily with how stressed I am at work! :(