Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tuesday Topics: Let's visit CARMEL!


Linking up with two of my favorite girls, Tiffany at The Austin Family Diary and Lauren at Life. Love. Lauren for Tuesday Topics and this week we are talking about OUR HOMETOWNS and our TOP 5 HOMETOWN ACTIVITIES!!!

I am OBSESSED with my hometown of Carmel, Indiana! Apparently I am not the only one obsessed with Carmel because it was ranked the #1 BEST PLACE TO LIVE IN 2012 according to Money Magazine!



Best Places to Live 2012

The next time you're in central Indiana, stop on by Carmel, Indiana and visit all the amazing things my city has to offer :)

1. ROUNDABOUTS
Carmel is known for having the highest number of roundabouts in the country with just about 80 across the city. There are only a handful of traffic lights around my city. (They even have a yearly International Conference on Roundabouts!)

All intersections look like this now with the "bridge" being the roundabout above (see pic. below)
Better angle of the roundabout.

2. THE MONON TRAIL



3. CARMEL ARTS AND DESIGN DISTRICT
You will also see a LOOOOT of these wooden statues around


4. CARMEL HIGH SCHOOL
The largest high school in Indiana with over 4,500 students. The campus sits on 56 acres of land with the school being 3 stories tall and 22 acres big... Imagine walking across one end of the school to the other during passing period!


 



5. THE PALLADIUM
The Palladium first opened it's doors in January 2011. It's the ideal place to watch a broadway musical, enjoy theatre and opera as well as concerts by big musical groups.




6. THE MONON CENTER
This amazing community center first opened in 2005. It is a 161 acre park that has everything from a three level fitness center, 10 acre indoor/outdoor water park, fishing pond, skate park with after school enrichment programs.





I was SO lucky to be born and raised in Carmel and I can't say enough good things about my hometown!!!!!!!

10 comments:

  1. Wow! I've never heard about a round about! That would make everything so easy!!!

    Carmel looks awesome!
    Visiting from Tuesday Topics.

    www.mommacandy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol what the heck is a round about!? is that a fancy term for a U - TURN ?? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. your hometown is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy heck your hometown looks BEAUTIFUL!!! I love that about the round abouts. My hometown got their first one a little while ago and people were crap at using it! I think we aught to send them to you to learn! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a weird obsession with roundabouts. I get sooo excited when I get to drive around one. We have them, but they are pretty rare. That alone makes me want to Carmel!!

    And the Monon Center?!!!! Sign me UP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this place looks awesome!!
    I love a good roundabout.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Small world! My parents moved to Carmel when I was a freshman in college, so I spent 3 summers and several school breaks there! It is really an awesome town!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Carmel too! I've never been to the Palladium. My parents went and said it was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I couldn't agree more! It's funny though because when I was younger and actually lived there, I thought it was so boring. BUT NOW!!! I love it. Whenever we visit I loving going downtown to the different events (car show, wine tasting...) and restaurants. O and the FARMERS MARKET it the best one I have ever been to! haha There is so much to do and see. I definitely didn't appreciate it enough while I was there, but now I realize how lucky we were to grow up in such a great place.

    Love the Monon trail, but haven't been to the water park yet. We will need to fix that this summer!!!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS