Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Because I clearly rock... Duh...

Even though I was nominated for the Liebster award foooorever ago, I thought it would be fun to re-fill it out since it's been over a year! I was nominated by Sarah who blogs over at Life As Always. She is not only the prettiest pregnant lady I've ever seen [yeah, pretty jealous since I was a hot mess pregnant!] but she is also one of my new fav bloggers! If you don't follow her, you must check out her blog! You won't be disappointed!


The Rules
Thank the person who nominated you and link them in your post. 

Tell 11 random facts about yourself.

Answer the 11 questions provided by the person who nominated you.

Choose 11 blogs you like and link them in your post. 

Write 11 questions for these bloggers, so they can answer them. 

Go to their page and let them know that you nominated them.

   
11 Random [but awesome] Facts

1. I think I have the cutest baby in the world. Yeah, the WHOLE WORLD. If you disagree, we aren't friends anymore. I mean, come on, how cute is this picture I took tonight?


 

2. I have the WORST insomnia EVVA... Most of the time I usually don't go to bed until the sun comes up. And now that I have a new baby? It's even worse!
3. I DESPISE working out. I would rather be lazy and sit on my couch with baked lays potato chips. But, I really want to lose weight [baby weight, yeeah about that.] Those two just don't go together now do they? Something's clearly going to have to give... But I'm just not quite ready to give up my baked lays...

4. I have an unhealthy obsession with serial killers. I was going to list this as #1 but I figured I didn't want to scare TOO many of my readers off just yet! Want to know something about Jeffrey Dahmer? Ted Bundy? John Wayne Gacy? I'm your go-to girl! Remember that when you're on Jeopardy... And I promise it's not as creepy as it sounds... 
 
5. To piggy back off of #5 in case you think I'm crazy, let me justify just as to why I love serial killers. My dream job would be to either A. work with serial killers on death row or B. work as a psychologist in a mental health facility and work with people with severe mental illnesses. I am FASCINATED with mental health disorders [don't worry, I don't have any!] and minored in mental health and psychology in college. I mainly just want to figure out "why" people do the things they do. See, I told you it wasn't that creepy!

6. I am still obsessed with my sorority. Yes, I do still sport my sorority sweatshirts when I run out to Wal-Mart at 2am. Don't judge me. Oh yeah and my husband still wears his fraternity sweatshirts too. Okay, you can go ahead and judge us now...



6. I love online "shopping." I can spend hours putting items into my shopping cart... and then X'ing out of the window. I usually never purchase anything, but if I did I would not only be poor but I would have the best damn wardrobe in the world!

7. If I had my way, I would go to work in my pj's every. single. day. I hate getting dressed up, doing my hair and putting on makeup to go to work. Yet, I do it each and every day. I remember one of my kids telling me two years ago that I looked "sick" when I came to work one day without mascara. No little fella, I am not sick. I was just lazy and wanted those extra 10 minutes of ZzZzZ's...

8. I am obsessed with my dogs. I treat them as if they were my children. Although, now that I have a child, I think I'm EQUALLY as obsessed with him. Yes, EQUALLY obsessed. 


Yes, she is an overweight 30 pound weiner dog...
9. My husband asked me to marry him after dating me for only a month. We were 20 years old. Oh yeah and a week of that month he had broken up with me because he "wasn't in love with me." And instead of asking me to get back together with him as "boyfriend and girlfriend," he asked me to be his wife. He bought me a diamond necklace for Christmas and we exchanged it for a wedding ring and I would just take my ring off before I walked into my house. I didn't want my parents to know and I didn't tell them until months later when I was living in London, England. They were surprisingly okay with it. 

10. My camera is usually attached to my hip. At. All. Times. It usually annoys people but I capture some of the best moments. The people it annoys the most? My brothers. And let me tell you, I surely did capture some of the best pictures at my brothers wedding in December... Here's proof...


***And that's just the tip of the iceberg, my friends. And you wanna know how cool my brother is? Instead of a crappy candy bar at his wedding, he had a cigar bar! Yeah, we were taught how to roll our own cigars. Pretty badass, right?

***Dad learning how to roll his own cigar. Bad to the bonnnnne

11. I had no rules as a child and my parents were VERY lenient. They pretty much let me do whatever I want. They always told my brothers and I that they wanted us to make our own mistakes and to learn from them. I remember asking my dad once if he would ground me [I'm sure I did something bad to ask for that consequence] but he never did. I used to tell them that the lack of rules as a child could have had the opposite effect on us, but all three of us children have good jobs and have stayed out of trouble. :) 
[After hearing all the crazy stories about her growing up from her friends at her funeral, I now know why she was so lenient. Talk about a wild child...]



11 Questions for ME

    1. If you were a super hero what powers would you have?
    To be invisible. That way if I didn't want to be seen, I could disappear. But, I could still eavesdrop on people without them knowing ;) 

    2. If you could breed two animals together to defy the laws of nature what new animal would you create?
    I'd merge a moose with a penguin because I'm obsessed with moose [how come there's no real 'plural' of moose?] and it's my favorite animal and I just think it would be funny to merge it with a penguin.

    3. What historical figure would you love to see in 21st century life?

    4. What phrase do you say the most?
    Last year my kiddos used to tell me that I overly used the phrase "get your life together." Now I'm gonna go ahead and say the phrase I say the most is "Tell me how cute my baby is." Juuuust kidding. But, really, you should tell me how cute my baby is...

    5. If you could steal one thing without consequence what would it be?
    My student loan bill from Sallie Mae. I would steal it and destroy it so that it would go bye bye. Wishful thinking... If onlllllyyyy... 

    6. What is your favorite thing about yourself (physical or otherwise?)
    My blue eyes. Thank goodness my baby got blue eyes [for now. pllllease don't channnnnge!]

    7. If you could live anywhere, where would that be?
    I am content where I'm at now. I am obsessed with Texas! 

    8. If you were crowned ruler of the world, what's the first law you would make?
    Umm this goes back to #5... I would make college free. Oh yeah and I would jump on Canada and UK's bandwagon and pay woman for maternity leave and allow them a year off. I should have gotten knocked up in Canada. So close yet so far away...

    9. What's the most unusual conversation you've ever had?
    Oh gosh... I may have to get back to you on this one... This is a hard one!

    10. What is the best present you've ever received?
    This is gonna sound corny, but I'm gonna have to go ahead and say my son! Mainly because he's cute, remember?

    11. Would you rather go back in time and meet your ancestors, or travel into the future and meet your great grandchildren?
    I would go back and meet my ancestors. I may still be alive to meet my great grandchildren, but I am also  kinda scared to see what people are like & what the world's like 50 years from now... EEK!


    11 [of my favs] nominees

    Emily @ Lifes A Beach
    Nilda @ Entirely My Own
    Angela @ Living Pretty
    Kristin @ Live, Laugh, Love



    11 Questions for YOU
      1. What is your dream job and why? Are you in that occupation now?
      2. What's your biggest achievement so far in life? Biggest disappointment?
      3. Where is the best place you have travelled? What makes it the best?
      4. What is your favorite book?
      5. What is your biggest pet peeve?
      6. Outside of blogging, what are your hobbies?
      7. Have you met any of the faces behind the blogs you read? Were their personalities anything like their blog?
      8. What is your favorite go-to outfit? What article of clothing makes you feel the best? Why?
      9. If you had an unlimited amount of money what is the first thing you would purchase? What else would you do with the money?
      10. What makes you happiest? Saddest?
      11. If you were president, what is the first thing you would do?

      3 comments:

      1. I took a history class in college called "Women Who Kill". She was doing loads and loads of research to prove that Belle Gunness was the first American serial killer or something of the sort. (It's been so many years, i can't remember. The class itself looked into all of these women in American history who had murdered someone and how society had reacted to it at the time BECAUSE they were women. It was like.. a gender studies class focused on murder. It. was. so. cool. So just think about that when you're obsessing over serial killers.. I actually took a CLASS about them. Ah, college. :P

        ReplyDelete
      2. Well you are just too cute and sweet for words, and you CLEARLY rock! Thanks so much for playing along! First off your babe definitely is adorbs... I love how he's kind of rocking a faux hawk! And I totally want to see the moose penguin combo... but what IS the plural of moose?! And finally please contact the powers that be and let them know that I'd like that paid maternity leave thing implemented before I give birth in May. Thanks. ;-)

        ReplyDelete
      3. That was interesting! How long until you got married?

        ReplyDelete

      BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS