Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Friday letters... You better REDNECKONIZE!


Dear Big Brother, I wish you wouldn't have evicted Frank, but I am more than glad that you booted out and showed Scream-o (AKA Joe) the door. I don't think I could have put up with one more day of his loud and obnoxious confessionals.

Dear Hubby, Thanks for allowing me to not OD on coffee and 5 hour energy this past month. And being so understanding when I just want to be an unsocial loser. You always know what I need when I need it and I love you for it. 

Dear "Behaviorally Difficult Student #1" I see so much potential in you. I applaud you for realizing that different choices needed to be made this year and that you are taking the necessary steps to make good decisions in my class. I appreciate your respectful behavior, especially when I have had to re-direct you. I look forward to more good days 

Dear "Behaviorally Difficult Student #2" My heart hurts for you and it ANGERS me to know that the education system in this country has failed you thus far. But, I refuse to let that continue to happen. Because you DESERVE the best education possible & it's downright depressing to know that all of your previous teachers have given up on you. (chronic/daily) Misbehavior or not, no child should ever be told that they have no future. I will not give up on you.

Dear "Behaviorally Difficult Student from last year" I see so much of you in one of my students this year. So far in my career as an educator, you have made the biggest impact on me.  I went into the year thinking that I would be making miracles and that I would be the one person who got through to you. But, I got a rude awakening when I realized how difficult a task that really was. I still feel as though I somehow failed you and that I would hold myself responsible if you were not to succeed (even though I know it's obviously not my fault). 

Dear Self, Please remember that although you play a million different roles in a child's life on a daily basis, you are not their parent. Nor are you responsible for their will (or lack there of) to learn. You can mentor a child all you want and let them know that you believe in them, but at the end of the day, the decision is ultimately up to them and them alone. Yes, miracles are performed every day, but you are not superwoman.

Dear Readers, please tell me that I am not the only one who can not pull themselves away from Honey Boo Boo? I mean come on, you can't deny the fact that the video I posted a few weeks ago just screamed 'WATCH ME, WATCH ME, WATCH ME'...

 Over Labor Day weekend, I had planned on cleaning my cluttered house. I told myself that I would only watch ONE episode of little miss Go Go Juice drinker... and next thing I knew, 4 hours had elapsed and I was still watching.

(I can't believe I'm admitting it.)

Actually, I can admit it, because I'm sure you were probably watching it to. Especially since little miss holler for a dollar boo boo brought in the same number of ratings that Bill Clinton did. And her ratings far surpassed those of the Republican National Convention.

Oh well, I guess it's a good thing I'm not a Republican, huh? ;)

9 comments:

  1. You are such a wonderful teacher!!! We need more like you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. forklift foot! shhh it's a wig!
    Lord.
    And keep on keepin' on with those kiddos. They are SO lucky to have you!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though students won't admit it when they are in your class or even the year after, the ones teacher try and help are the ones who come back years later to thank you... but you know you're a good teacher when you care about your kids....they are lucky to have you...and i watched one honey boo-boo and that's it!! i can't lose any more brain cells hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um will you please come and teach my child? You sound like an amazing educator, more of which many schools need!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love hearing how dedicated you are to your classroom children! I hope your enthusiasm is replicated in more teachers throughout our city. And I hope the parents of these kids realize how lucky they are to have someone like you in their children's lives. Keep at!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your students are so blessed to have a wonderful teacher like you!! This is exactly the type of teacher I hope to be. :)

    And I can't pull myself away fron Honey Boo Boo either! It's just too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep hearing about this Honey Boo Boo and haven't watched an episode yet. I think it's going to be like a car wreck...you just can't turn away from it even if you want too and I know I'll be sitting on the couch watching it for hours!

    And you keep on being an awesome teacher - I LOVED school growing up and it was because I was blessed enough to have teachers who cared about me not just as a student, but as a person. I still keep in contact with them to this day. Keep up the great work - you're changing lives!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are such an amazing teacher! I hope & pray my kids have a teacher as dedicated as you are. I love that you are so involved and it's not just a job to you.
    I'm not a 'honey boo boo' fan... but it's entertaining all the same. It's your day off - so it's not at all embarrassing that you caught up on the show.BTW you can call me anytime.. I miss our chats. :( Take care of yourself.
    amy @ trials & triumphs

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love love love honey boo boo. It seriously makes me cry from laughing so hard!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS